Monday, March 26, 2012

Squash Casserole


_________________________________________________________________________________

Personally, I do not like squash.  But, I love this recipe.  I had this casserole at a party and asked the lady for the recipe.  She was older, and it had been in her family for so long, she had to make me a batch so she could write down what and how much ingredients she used.  I hope you give it a try!  YUMMY!
___________________________________________
What you need:

6-8 Medium Squash
1 medium onion chopped
1 stick melted butter
1 egg
1 Tbsp. Sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. salt
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 cup bread crumbs

Cook squash and onion until tender.  Drain well. Add butter and egg, mix well.  Fold in sour cream, pepper, sugar, and salt.  Pour into flat casserole dish.  Top with cheese and bread crumbs, mixed.  Bake at 350 Degrees F for 30 minutes or until firm.  

Again, this is an oldy buy a goody!  Some people like to use frozen squash to save time, but I never have so I do not know how much to use.  Maybe this is something you could play around with and let us all know!  

ENJOY!

Jpett


No comments:

Post a Comment